Saturday, January 11, 2014

2013 - The Year of the Pants

So (you notice almost all of my posts start with that word?) I meant to do a "year in summary" post before 2013 was actually over. I did not. I was busy, and by busy I mean distracted, and by distracted, I mean I was playing video games in footie pajamas and baking a cheesecake. So, 11 days into 2014, I present to you my 2013 sum up post that I am going to put little to no effort into. Enjoy.

I went looking for a laziness .gif and spent 30 minutes on tumblr instead. So you get this.

Why was 2013 the Year of the Pants, you ask? Well, New Years Eve 2012, I posted a facebook status about how 2012 was the year I woke up and I'm so excited to see what I do in 2013 and blah blah blah. So 2013 was the year I put on pants. No word on which year I'll actually get my ass out the door, but HEY! Pants are good, right? Also, 2013 has been largely characterized by me putting on my big-kid pants over a lot of things. And wordiness and crap and screw it, you all just want a list anyway.

In 2013, I ...

...got the hell over it. Got the hell over a lot of things - two break ups, both of which were held on to for far, far too long; paralyzing fear of change; attachment to a lot of my personal possessions; and finally, any silly notion that I'm an adult.

...got three more piercings, a tattoo, and a mohawk. Just in case there was any doubt that I am, in fact, a badass.

...finished college with a 3.98 and a sweet ass thesis, meaning my over-priced piece of paper reads "summa cum laude" on it. When I get my own place, that sucker is going on the fridge for sure.

...moved to Prague, where I am really quite happy, despite the occasional bout of soul-crushing homesickness.

...started a new job (career? Do I have a career now?) as a teacher, and I love it. LOVE IT.

...started dating casually. Decided I hate dating casually, which has doubled my TV consumption.

...made a whole slew of new friends, which tickles me pink.

...came out as pansexual to my mom and just kinda started working it into conversations with other people. If this has caught you off guard, more can be read about that here.

...started to get a real sense of what it is I want out of life. So far the list I've come up with is: to teach, to not be lonely even though I'm okay with being alone which is not the same as lonely anyway, to be a caregiver, and to bake more cakes.

...gained back the 21 pounds I'd lost over the course of the flu and a break-up with the combination of eating and excercise. Not eating right, but there has been a lot of eating this year.

...learned how to throw a punch, and put it to good use defending a plate of Mexican food when I came home.

...wore actual, physical pants as little as possible.

2012 was waking up, 2013 was putting on pants, so I guess 2014 will be... brushing my teeth? I dunno, I'm getting back on tumblr.

I was done with the post, and I took another 30 minutes to find this .gif for you, which means I've been writing this post for over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment